Friday, February 22, 2008

Old School Glass $16.00

For those of you looking for a glass rod on the cheap check out Troutlet.com. For 16 bucks you can get an Eagle Claw Featherlight either as your go to rod or as a back up to add to the rod collection. I purchased the 6’6” 5wt online and received it today. The site reflects a metal reel seat however the one I received had a plastic handle which is kinda sore on the eyes. I was pleased it came with snake guides as opposed the single foot ones which were reflected on the site. Other than the plastic reel seat, the cosmetics were really nice overall and the nostalgic yellow blank is cool. I contacted Troutlet and they advised they were unaware Eagleclaw had made changes and would keep me posted should the upcoming shipments have a metal reel seat and would be happy to exchange it. Either way for 16 bucks you can’t go wrong. I purchased this rod for close action fishing for the Snoqualmie forks and those tucked away little creeks and beaver ponds. It is a really light rod so I plan on lawn casting it with a 3wt, 4wt, and 5wt line to see what compliments it best. Here are some pics.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

That is too sweeeeet Dennis! Although I did not cast this rod before, I heard tons of good words on them! You should lay a steelie beside him and all others will have drop their jaw without any "sore of eyes"! Nice catch... I might get one soon! Mark