Saturday, February 16, 2008

0 for 1 Today

So that makes it 0 for 4 on my last 4 outings chasing steelhead… I was so close to sealing the deal on a BIG bright fish today but just like my last couple outings the long battle ended with a confidence shattering spit fly followed by cursing. The adrenalin high I use to chase caused by electrifying runs and violent headshakes is now causing nightmares. Bushwhacking over a mile in cold rainy temperatures only to be rewarded with punctured gore-tex and scratches on my face and hands not too mention the near tail bone busting falls. I keep playing back each missed opportunity in my head on my drive home hoping to learn from my mistakes, but did I make a mistake? Or, did the fish just kick my ass? I’ve caught plenty of steelhead but man this is my worst streak ever!

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Nice Story, Dennis! a true steelheader!