Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tis the season

With the arrival of fall my 3wt has taken a back seat to my spey rod. October caddis shucks strewn along the rocks and king salmon spawning in the Snoqualmie with the smell of rotting fish… Oh how I love the fall! With the days getting shorter this only gives me a 2 hour window of opportunity to fish after work. I have ventured a few times this late summer chasing the elusive steelhead only to be rewarded with a slowly improving spey cast and no chrome… In my experience fishing the Snoqualmie in years past, the arrival of the King Salmon is a marking point for improving steelhead fishing. Yesterday the Seattle area received a decent amount of rain I did get out and fish with no luck. I’ll keep at it.

1 comment:

BLUEANGLER said...

Nice writing Brother. I can feel the waves is coming! Looking forward to read your report! Take care!